Senior Consulting Engineer
Posted on: January 12, 2019
The Consulting Engineer is responsible for leveraging advanced engineering and tools knowledge in structural mechanics to help our customers to solve complex engineering problems using ANSYS software products. This is a proactive engagement to help streamline our customers' design flow, improve product robustness and quality, as well as reduce their overall product cost by injecting simulation throughout the design process, thus enabling the customer to fully adopt simulation driven product development.
This position will be located on-site at a customer's office location. The Consulting Engineer will provide guidance and mentoring to the customer's global engineering workforce to ensure their success in adopting ANSYS software tools.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the structural mechanics modeling and simulation community
- Define and execute on a strategy that delivers value to the customer that can be seen by reducing product cost, improving quality, and reducing time to market by adopting simulation throughout the design process
- Understand customers' business needs and expand the application of ANSYS tools to new areas through face-to-face interactions
- Increase the productivity of engineers by providing process development support and creating and disseminating best practices
- Facilitate engagement with the broader ANSYS technical organization for advanced support and execution of service projects
- Facilitate engagement with ANSYS development organization by sharing customers' needs for feature enhancements and defect fixes
- Help deploy ANSYS managed workflows (Custom GUIs, scripted I/O, etc.)
- Work as an integral member of the Sales and ACE teams to increase adoption of ANSYS tools
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in structural/thermal engineering simulation software environment
- Demonstrated use of other relevant ANSYS software or knowledge in other commercial CAE, CAD packages
- Thorough understanding of structural mechanics simulation principles and techniques , with a specialty in one or more of the following application areas:
- Nonlinear mechanics
- Linear and nonlinear dynamics
- Thermal - structural simulations
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting in fluent English
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- Experience with explicit dynamics and optimization techniques is a plus
- Experience with ANSYS Mechanical and MAPDL preferred
- Experience with ABAQUS and Hypermesh tools a definite plus
- Experience in scripting languages such as python is a plus
- Experience in off-highway and construction vehicle industry a plus
- Experience in the use of CAD software a plus
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 10%
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
ANSYS does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of ANSYS. Upon hire no fee will be owed to the agency, person or entity.
Associated topics: cae, chassis, design, machine, mechanical engineer, naval, powertrain, turbomachinery, vehicle, vibration
Keywords: ANSYS, Peoria , Senior Consulting Engineer, Professions , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!