Standby Maintenance Technician
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: August 11, 2019
Job Responsibilities: Live where you work for free!!! No commuting
expenses or dealing with rush hour traffic! No rent and minimal
utility expenses! Timberlane Apartments is currently seeking an
experienced, outgoing and friendly Standby Maintenance
The Standby Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining
and repairing the physical assets of the apartment buildings. The
right candidate must possess the ability to complete emergency
service requests at an apartment community immediately, and all
standard service requests within 24-hours, excluding weekends.
Standby Maintenance Technicians must live on-site in a
company-provided apartment, in return for being available to
respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis. This
position requires the ability to complete all work orders assigned
according to company policies and procedures. Maintenance
Technicians are required to have an understanding of hazardous
communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination, hand
tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. We are
looking for team players who are energetic, friendly, skilled,
diligent, and detail-oriented.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining
- Meeting service request deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure
an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned. Job Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with
residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds.
- Experience with water softener repair, if applicable.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such
as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking and grouting
- Experience with windows, doors, appliances, faucets, garbage
disposals, and door lock repairs and replacements, as well as
carpentry and ceramic tile installation.
- Some general electric and plumbing experience required.
- Ability to repair and replace gutters and downspouts.
- HVAC Certifications strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Ability to live on-site in a company-provided apartment, in
return for being available to respond to after hour's emergency
calls on a rotating basis.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult
situations. This position requires you to enter occupied units;
therefore employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with
a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable
transportation will be required as this position will entail the
operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Peoria , Standby Maintenance Technician, Professions , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!