DME Field Service Representative (Peoria, IL)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Job Description:We are seeking a dedicated and talented
individual with a passion for patient care in orthopedics and
background in Durable Medical Equipment to join DJO as a Field
Service Representative in Peoria, IL. This is a great opportunity
to work in a clinical setting for the leader in orthopedic bracing
with brands such as DonJoy, Aircast, ProCare, and Exos. Don't miss
this great opportunity to start your career with an industry
- Responsible for proper measuring and application, education on
the appropriate use/care, and providing accurate information to
patients and/or Health Care Providers (HCPs) on expected outcomes
resulting from the use of orthopedic soft goods, functional
bracing, bone growth stimulation, and all other DJO products as
prescribed by physicians/HCPs at the orthopedic practice.
- Coordinates patient care for follow-up brace fitting
appointments, as necessary.
- Provides routine customer service to patients, physicians,
physician assistants, and other clinical staff following
established policies and procedures.
- Provides comprehensive account management and effectively
manages day-to-day service operations for stock-and-bill programs
customized for clinical orthopedic practices.
- Responsible for inventory management, including organizing and
tracking inventory, participating in required audits of inventory,
and managing defective product returns and exchanges.
- Educates customer clinic staff on how to appropriately handle,
document, and reissue products in the case of defective
- Manages product mix of DJO manufactured versus non-DJO products
to designated/identified level.
- Ensures accurate completion of appropriate forms and
documentation through DJO's secure automation platforms for
delivery to the appropriate billing department, following all
necessary compliance and regulatory processes, as well as
applicable DJO policies and procedures.
- Responsible for verifying patient insurance benefits using
available real-time automation tools, including pre-authorization
of claims and/or upfront collection of patient deductible and
coinsurance amounts as required by individual insurance contracts
and/or by DJO policy and procedure.
- Collects patient out-of-pocket costs for services
rendered/products provided using automated business transaction
tools within Company guidelines.
- Works within customer Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems,
when available, to access appropriate patient information for DJO
billing, as well as to read and understand medical records.
- Maintains a high level of professional and technical knowledge
of relevant payor rules.
- Serving as the face of DJO, builds and maintains effective
relationships with clinic staff at varying levels.
- Responsible for educating clinical staff members, as
applicable, on Field Service policies and procedures.
- Responds to customer questions, issues, and problems of
moderate to complex scope.
- Serves as a liaison between the customer and the
DJO/Distributor Partner (DP) Sales Team.
- Plays a critical role in Business Reviews to report activity
and performance of the clinic and/or territory.
- Responsible for achieving metrics and KPIs, as set forth by
management, to ensure customer performance and efficiency comply
with applicable DJO agreements/contracts.
- Participates in continuing education required to maintain all
relevant certifications and/or licensure.
- Maintains thorough professional and technical knowledge of
relevant DJO products, corresponding documentation (e.g., Product
Inserts, Manuals, Promotion Materials, etc.), and Company policies
- Demonstrates commitment to the DJO Compliance & Ethics Program,
the Colfax/DJO Code of Business Conduct, the AdvaMed Code of
Ethics, and all applicable regulations, policies, and
- Adheres to all internal Corporate Compliance guidelines, OIG,
and government healthcare regulations, regulatory policies and
procedures, policies and procedures set forth by the applicable
clinic and/or hospital administration, and Privacy and Security
standards (i.e., HIPAA) in accordance with government agency
- Treats Protected Health Information (PHI) with the strictest
confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA standards and DJO policies
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a hospital, healthcare
facility, clinic, or physician's office, or as an independent
contractor working directly in the care of the orthopedic patient,
or related experience required.
- Experience dealing with multiple physicians in a high-volume
- Demonstrated patient care experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Holds and maintains a Board of Certification (BOC) in Athletic
- Holds and maintains an active license with the Illinois
Department of Financial & Professional Regulation. American Board
for Certification (ABC) Certified Fitter-orthotics (CFo), Orthotic
Fitter, Physical Therapy Certification, Orthopedic Technology
Certification, BOC Physical Therapy Certification, or Orthopedic
Technology Certification may also be considered.
- Previous experience with inventory management programs and/or
EMRs strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of soft
goods/functional bracing preferred.
- Must satisfy third-party credentialing requirements to gain
access to hospital accounts.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and current automobile
- Must satisfy third-party credentialing requirements to gain
access to hospital accounts.TRAVEL
- Requires travel up to 20% of the time, but overnight travel is
- Occasional time spent traveling in car to customer
- Must be willing to travel to various local clinic sites, using
own transportation, upon request as dictated by territory.WORK
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Field based (i.e., physician's offices, hospitals, clinics,
- Physical Demands: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. Office deskwork requiring sitting, walking, using phone and
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and
distributor of high-quality medical devices that provide solutions
for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management.
Our products address the continuum of patient care from injury
prevention to rehabilitation after surgery, injury or from
degenerative disease, enabling people to regain or maintain their
natural motion. Our products are used by orthopedic specialists,
spine surgeons, primary care physicians, pain management
specialists, physical therapists, podiatrists, chiropractors,
athletic trainers and other healthcare professionals. In addition,
many of our medical devices and related accessories are used by
athletes and patients for injury prevention and at-home physical
therapy treatment. Product lines include rigid and soft orthopedic
bracing, hot and cold therapy, bone growth stimulators, vascular
therapy systems and compression garments, therapeutic shoes and
inserts, electrical stimulators used for pain management and
physical therapy products. Our surgical division offers a
comprehensive suite of reconstructive joint products for the hip,
knee and shoulder. Our products are marketed under a portfolio of
brands including Aircast -, Chattanooga, CMF---, Compex -, DonJoy
-, ProCare -, Exos---, Dr. Comfort -, DonJoy Performance - and DJO
- Surgical.For additional information on the Company, please visit
www.DJOglobal.com.DJO is a growing subsidiary of diversified
technology leader Colfax Corporation
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status,
disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: DJO, Peoria , DME Field Service Representative (Peoria, IL), Sales , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!